Disaster Recovery Assistance

Published April 27, 2001 | Select Board's Office | Automatically Archived on 7/2/2001

This Post has been archived and its content might be outdated. If you are looking for recent content, please check this Department's Homepage.

Middlesex County has received a presidential disaster declaration relative to the March floods. People who have suffered the effects of the storms and flooding and live or own businesses in Sudbury may apply for assistance by calling 800-462-9029
(TTY 800-462-7585 if you are speech- or hearing-impaired), 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency may provide grants to pay for alternate rental housing, essential repairs to make the home livable or help for those facing eviction or foreclosure because of the storm.

During disasters, the U. S. Small Business Administration provides low-interest, long-term loans to homeowners, renters and businesses of all sizes.

Disaster victims insured with the National Flood Insurance Program are eligible to file claims to repair or replace their damaged property by contact their insurance agent.