The Sudbury Board of Selectmen announces the following schedule for the submission of Warrant Articles for the 2006 Annual Town Meeting commencing April 3, 2006. This submission process shall apply to Town Boards and Committees and Resident Petitioners alike.
1. Per Sudbury Bylaws and in consideration of the New Year’s Day holiday, all articles are due in the Office of the Selectmen by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 3, 2006. It would be appreciated, however, if wherever possible articles could be submitted before the end of December 2005.
2. Articles should be approved by Town Counsel as to legality of wording prior to submission and include an explanatory statement (warrant report). Forms are available in the Selectmen’s Office.
3. Except for Operating and Capital Budget articles, any missing details must be finalized by Friday, January 13, 2006. The Board of Selectmen/ Town Counsel will determine if materials added after January 3 are within the four corners of the original submission. Articles, such as Zoning Bylaw amendments, which require public comment, may be amended following such input, subject to the change being within the four corners of the original submission.
4. Town Counsel shall complete his review of all articles by January 20, 2006, and advise submitters of any problems.
5. Submitters shall have until January 27, 2006, to correct problems identified by Town Counsel, and make a resubmission as necessary.
Sudbury Board of Selectmen