The Board of Selectmen, in conjunction with the Community Housing Committee, is forming a task force to investigate the development potential of the St. Anselm Catholic Church property located on Landham Road for new community housing. The Archdiocese of Boston will release this property for public sale tentatively as early as October 1, 2004. The Town hopes to have a conceptual development plan and preliminary financial feasibility analysis ready so that we can make a competitive bid on the property within 60 days of that date. It is anticipated that if the Town is successful in purchasing the property, it will be put out to bid for development.
The conceptual development plan should include one or more of the following components:
* Housing for persons making at or below 100% of the Boston area median income (approximately $82,600)
* Option for including market rate units in the development
* Preservation/Reuse of the church building for housing
* Preservation/Reuse of the church building for a municipal use, school use or other community use
* Redevelopment of the rectory building into housing units
* Appropriate scale of new development to be consistent with its neighborhood context
The Task Force will contain the following representative groups, to be appointed by the Selectmen: neighboring residents; St. Anselm’s parishioners; town board/committee representatives (Finance Committee, School Committee, Planning Board, Housing Authority, Community Preservation Committee, and others as appropriate); residents with design skills, real estate/property redevelopment knowledge, and financial skills. There will be opportunity for general public input during the process.
Task Force members must be available to meet and complete the analysis during the months of September and October, 2004 as needed. Meetings will be scheduled for Monday evenings beginning on September 13. Town staff and the town’s housing consultant will assist the task force during the process.
If you are interested in working on this exciting project you must apply to the Selectmen’s office. To download the application form Click Here, or call the Planning office at 978-443-2209, ext. 1387 for a copy. Applications must be received by 5 pm on August 27, 2004.